Arrigoni Cheese, Taleggio D.O.P, Extra Bold
We cut and wrap this by hand.
Taleggio has been on the plates of Italians since the time of the Caesars. It pairs well with fruit, smeared on bread alone, or spices and tomato on bruschetta. Its consistency allows it to melt well for use on pasta, risotto, or polenta.
- Texture: Semi-soft, creamy
- Flavor: Sweet taste, buttery, and very aromatic in the matured product.
- Ingredients: 100% Cow's Milk, salt, and rennet.
- Aged: 35 days minimum
- Consistency: Fondant under the rind, more firm and friable in the center.
- 2018 Gold medal at World Cheese Awards of Bergen (NO)
- 2017 – Silver medal in the category “International Cheese” at Nantwich awards (UK)
- 2016 – Silver medal at World Cheese Awards of San Sebastian (ES)
- 2015 – Medaglia Silver al World Cheese Awards di Birmingham (UK)
- 2014 – For Gambero Rosso magazine Taleggio Arrigoni is the best Taleggio in the market.
DOP mark (or Protected Designation of Origin [PDO] in English) is to protect the reputation of the regional foods and eliminate unfair competition and misleading consumers by non-genuine products, which may be of inferior quality or a different flavor.