BelGioioso Cheese, Parmesan, Aged 10 Months
We cut and wrap this by hand.
BelGioioso Parmesan is made with fresh milk gathered daily from our local farmers. Each wheel is aged in special caves for over 10 months. BelGioioso’s Master Cheesemakers carefully inspect and hand-turn each wheel to ensure a consistent aging process. This expert care develops Parmesan’s sweet, nutty flavor and tantalizing aroma. Its versatile texture lends itself to most any dish.
How to enjoy this cheese: Chunk for snacks or cheeseboards. Shred, shave, or grate for salads, pasta, pizzas, meatballs, and vegetables. Add the rind to homemade soups or sauces for extra flavor.
- Texture: Hard, granular
- Flavor: Nutty, full
- Appearance: Golden yellow with a 1/4″ to 1/2″ rind
- Milk Source: Cow’s milk; rBST free
- Aging: 10 months
Parings: Grapes, walnuts, strawberries, apples, dried figs, red wine, beer.
Ingredients: Cultured milk, enzymes, salt.
This item is gluten-free, per the manufacturer.
- 2019, 2017, 1993, 1991 - U.S. Championship Cheese Contest (1st Place) Best of Class
- 2015 - U.S. Championship Cheese Contest (2nd Place)
- 2014 - American Cheese Society (3rd Place)
- 2014, 2008, 2000 - World Championship Cheese Contest (3rd Place)
- 2013 - U.S. Championship Cheese Contest (3rd Place)
- 2012, 2009, 2008, 2003 - American Cheese Society (2nd Place)
- 2012, 2010, 1986 - World Championship Cheese Contest (1st Place) Best of Class
- 2011, 1999 - Wisconsin State Fair Cheese & Butter Contest (1st Place) Blue Ribbon
- 2009 - World Cheese Awards (1st Place) Gold Award
- 2006 - American Cheese Society (1st Place) Best of Class
- 1991 - U.S. Championship Cheese Contest (1st Place) Best of Contest